I bought a scale last night so that I could weigh in each day at home. The scale does have a bodyfat calculation function, so I'll use that as a benchmark as well and make sure it doesn't trend upward. I weighed in this morning less than I was expecting: 152.4 lb. The bodyfat calculation shows 13.2% bodyfat. This puts me at 132.3 lb of lean bodyweight.
This means I overestimated my caloric consumption and protein consumption targets. Caloric consumption of 20 cal per 10 lb of lean bodyweight for 10 lb higher than my current weight means I should be aiming for 20 * 142 = 2,840 cal per day. Protein should be 1.25 * 132 = 165 gm protein per day.
I'll plan to start increasing my protein and caloric consumption on Wednesday. I understand the supplements will be here today, so I want a day with them in my system before I start. In the meantime, I made Alton's beef jerky recipe, so my whole house smells like delicious beefy goodness.
And when the tape measure arrives, I'll be posting a "before" photo and starting measurements. Bring it.
No comments:
Post a Comment