My magical package from GNC arrived on my doorstep yesterday. I'm starting all the supplements today. Here are my observations so far:
- Taking all these pills makes me feel like a lab rat
- Remembering which ones to take 3x per day and which to take at other intervals is complicated
- l-glutamine tastes like ASS (and I am taking this crap eight times per day?!)
- I am still sore from Sunday's workout
Beef jerky came off the rig this morning, and is delicious as always. If any of you decide to try the recipe, allow me to suggest a few things: remember to only use natural cellulose furnace filters. This is because eating fiberglass is bad. Also, instead of pulling the beef out of the brine and painstakingly patting each piece dry with paper towels, I recommend using your salad spinner. Maybe I should start a business and sell people salad spinners that can be used expressly for this purpose. They would be in very masculine colors, and I could call them the BeefSpinner. Or the Cowinator. Or the MeatTornado. Thoughts? Anyway, it works way better than blotting. Also be sure not to use reduced sodium soy sauce in this recipe or your brine may not be salty enough to keep the jerky safe from harmful bacteria while it's drying.
Yesterday's food journal looked like this:
- Protein shake made with 2c whole milk
- Coffee with 2T half-and-half
- 2T hummus
- Pita wedge
- 2T tabbouleh
- 2 1/2 c green beans, roasted red peppers, pickled artichoke hearts
- 2 c pasta with red sauce and braised pork ribs
- 1/4c dried apricot
- 1/4c dried papaya
- Double cheeseburger
- 4 oz french fries
- 1 oz peppermint bark
My iPhone app says that this was somewhere in the neighborhood of 179 grams of protein and 3130 calories. So I guess I'm on track! Weight and bodyfat measurements this morning identical to yesterday...
MeatTornado + peppermint bark = good
ReplyDeleteA gun metal MeatTornado sounds pretty awesome to me...
ReplyDelete