Saturday, April 9, 2011

Needs encouragement

No data from yesterday--was staying with a friend from out of town. I did keep up protein and calorie consumption, but wanted to use the same scale for consistency's sake.

Today's weigh-in: down to 152.4, or only 0.2 lb higher than my starting weight. My goal was 2.5 lb per week, which Tim suggests is achievable, so I'm not really on track. Disappointing... Bodyfat at 13.2%, same as baseline, so that's good. Yesterday's intake: 165 gm protein and 2747 calories, both almost exactly on track. If I don't start seeing a trend upward, I guess I'll ramp up calories a little farther.

I realize I never explicitly stated my goal before, so here it is. My starting weight was 152.4 on 4/4/11. My goal is 172.4 lb in 8 weeks: by 5/30/11. I need to increase the pace...

The tape measure arrived today. Here's my starting measurements. There wasn't much lateral difference in the arm and leg measurements, so I'm just posting the measurements from my right (dominant) side.
Neck: 14.5"
Shoulders: 41.5"
Bicep: 12"
Forearm: 10.675"
Chest: 37.75"
Waist at navel: 33"
Hips (ass at widest): 35.75"
Thigh: 21"
Calf: 13.675"

A long way to go.

Off to the gym for the second lower body workout. I am going to WRECK THIS THING.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's pretty disappointing, but most new fitness/nutrition regimens have a ramp up period that can last a couple weeks, where you don't necessarily see the gains you expected. No worries buddy, it's still pretty early in your program and you will start to see gains at an increasing rate in no time, as changes like this don't necessarily happen in an explicitly linear fashion. You got this!

    ReplyDelete